Monday, February 9, 2009

Door



Julian wandered around the apartment for a bit after Aleera left. He attempted to tidy up but it was a battle he was not prepared to fight. After watching what he believed to be the supreme ruler of cockroachs bitch him out and scurry under a month-old US Weekly, he decided to just take a nap. He could always call around for real estate advice later. On his way to the guest room, he heard a rather hard bang on the door. He was hesitant before twisting the doorknob, finding it unlocked. "Lovely, she left it unlocked so he could come in here and get me out of the way. Guess she wanted to find me and my remains strewed about the house," Julian morbidly joked as he opened the door, "Nando? Gabe?" The young man was facing the slumped body that leaned against the wall, turning back to heavily catch his breath. He pushed some strands of loose hair behind his ear, taking in a deep breath.
"Can you help me with him? I just carried him up three flights of stairs."
"The elevators' broken? But it was working fine when I came home..."
"Then it must be my luck, huh? Just give me a hand."



The two of them managed to pick Gabe's semi-concious form up and carry him into his bedroom. Nans proceeded to battle with Gabe's stilettos while Julian helped him out of the dress and into his pajamas. "What happened?" He asked as he finished pulling up the pajamas, "Did he become too wild for you?"
"Mm?" Nans asked, somewhat distracted, "Oh, no. He wanted you." Julian looked at Nans very seriously. Was he joking? It didn't seem like it but he had to know.
"Seriously?"
"Seriously. He woke up a little after you left, actually. First thing out of his mouth was, 'Where's Jules?' It was sorta cute. Of course, it got less and less cute the more and more he wanted me to take him home."
"I'm sorry, I should have stayed."
"No, no. It's just he's gotten so heavy since he started eating Italian again."



"But he was pretty cute, just lying there and asking for you like you were some teddy bear. He wouldn't stay still when he found out you'd gone home. He tried leaving too, but he only wound up breaking a vase."
"I'm sorry, I can refurbish you."
"Oh, don't worry about it. It was tacky anyways. I'll just go hunt for another one tonight. But...can I ask you something?"
"Sure, since we are becoming such lovely friends."
"Gabe told me that you like him. That true?"
"Mm...yeah. You could say I'm fond of him...in love with him...enthralled with him...obsessed, to a point. It's a bit creepy, I'll admit. But I care alot about him.""I noticed."
"Why do you ask?"
"Curious."
"Curiousity killed the cat, you know."
"The cat had it coming. Curiousity just helped the process along."
"Haha! ...ah...want a drink?"



Seeing as how he was particularly thirsty after dragging Gabriel up three flight of stairs, Nans happily accepted Julian's offer. They both left Gabe to his own devices, taking their conversation into the kitchen. Nans took a seat on the counter top while Julian dug around the refridgerator. He poked his head back out, closing the door with his shoulder as he held two cans of knock-off brand soda. "Here you are," Julian said sweetly as he handed Nans his can.
"Why, thank you, noble sir." Nans smiled as he popped the can open, bringing it to his lips.
"I do apologize for dumping him on you, you know. I just have alot on plate right now so I really need to get started."
"Totally understandable. I haven't really seen him drunk off his ass before so I had no idea he was like a two-year-old. It's good blackmail, at least." Nans then slipped off the counter, "Mind if I drink and dash? I left the DJ in charge while I went out but I fear he might get distracted by some attractive fugitive or something."
"Oh, by all means. I don't want to keep you away more than you have to be."
"I'll just go say bye to Gabe then. See you, Julie. We should do this again."
"Of course."



Nans leaned into Gabriel's room, "Gabe? You asleep?"
"Mm...not anymore...my head hurts."
"I know, sweetie..." Nans said softly as he sat his can on a nearby end table before approaching Gabe. Their eyes met and they understood the situation. "Hangover?"
"What the hell did I drink? I feel like I just got gangraped by giant pink invisible unicorns..."
"Some sort of absinthe mix. Poor thing."
"Where's Julian?"
"He's in the kitchen. You should probably sit still, though. I don't think he's going to be going anywhere. I just came by to see how you were. I better be going back, though. Don't worry about coming in tomorrow. I'll give you the day off, mkay? Something tells me you need the rest."



"Oh, before I go..." Nans spoke softer, as if trying to tell a secret. He scooted closer to the semi-concious man. "I don't know why you aren't tearing Julian's pants off. He's awesome."
"Whaa?"
"You said that he likes you and it's obvious he does. So why aren't you taking advantage of it? He's the perfect guy. He's polite, has a job, and is pretty cute!"
"Nans..."
"Fine, I'm leaving. I'll call you later to make sure you haven't vomitted on any of the dresses I let you borrow."



Julian heard the door close, knowing Nans had left. He figured Gabe was asleep by now. That left him some time to kick back and relax until Aleera returned with his coffee. He sat at the kitchen counter after finding a newer newspaper and looked through the real estate offers. But he couldn't wait for his coffee.



He just hoped it wasn't too cold by the time she got back.

No comments: