Monday, February 9, 2009

Past



"Well, what do we have here?" Zackariah asked happily as he rose slowly from the bench. Aleera glared, smacking her lips in an annoyed fashion. He raised his eyes for a moment before they set low in a sultry way, his grin small but devious. "Good things really do come to those who wait."
"What the hell are you doing, loitering around my apartment?"
"I am using public services, Aleera, dear. I'm not loitering, though I am shocked you have that word in your vocabulary."
"Did you just call me stupid?" She growled, raising her hand and cracking her knuckles threateningly. Zackariah waved her off.
"Not at all, my sweet. So, what brings you out and about, my little butterfly?"
"I was going to get coffee for myself and Julian."
"Ah, yes. The free loader."
"He's not a free loader, you douchebag. He owns our apartment."
"That so? If he has so much money, then why doesn't he go off and buy himself a new place?"
"You worried he doesn't want you around?"
"A bit. He does threaten my plans."
"He only doesn't want you near Gabe. He could care less if you are near me."
"Really?" Zack said curiously as he took Aleera's hand in his, gliding his fingertips along her hand.



Aleera tried to fight smiling but his touch was nice, she had to admit. "So...are you free tonight?" Aleera knew where he was going. But instead of interrupting him with a roundhouse kick to the face, she let him continue as a dull expression played on her face. "Because there is this adorable little bar downtown and I am sure an...accomplished drinker as yourself would appreciate their wares."



Aleera thought about it. The thought of being alone with him was frightening. He probably kept rohypnol on him at all times. Just one glance away from her glass and she'd wake up hours later, naked in the back of a dumpster because a freak like Zack probably would do the deed there. But the plan...she had to get it started, right?



"Alright."
"..W...What?" Zack asked, as if shocked. His eyes widened and his mouth opened slightly. Aleera forced a smile, causing him to step back slightly.
"I said alright. Why not? As long as you're willing to pay for my drinks." Zackariah was left speechless for a minute, chewing on his lip ring as he wait for it all to register. Then his grin returned.
"Great."



"I'll pick you up later then...when the boy is gone..."

No comments: